What you need:
- 4 Bell Peppers (any color)
- 1 lb Ground Turkey (or ground beef)
- 1 Packet Good Seasons Italian Seasoning
- 1 Can Hunt's Diced Tomato with Roasted Garlic (or whatever kind you choose)
- 1 Small Onion (or more if you LOVE onion) diced finely
- Minced Garlic: I used about a tablespoon. Adjust based on your tastes.
- Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Whole Grain Brown (again, use whatever you want...I just like that I can pop it in the microwave and it's done)
- Mozzarella Cheese
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the tops off your 4 peppers and discard the insides (all the white stuff). Fit the 4 peppers in a baking dish. I like to use one with higher sides because the peppers get heavy and sometimes want to tip.
- In a skillet, heat some EVOO and start to saute your onions and garlic. Do this only until they're softened.
- Add your ground turkey and brown. After it's browned, I usually try to drain off whatever grease I can. Call me crazy or picky...but it's what I do.
- Turn down your heat and add the Good Seasons. Mix well and let this simmer for just a few minutes.
- Open up your diced tomatoes. Again, I like to drain of the extra liquid...I just don't like liquidy food. Add your diced tomatoes to your skillet and mix well. Simmer for about 5 minutes on low heat.
- Get a big bowl and mix your skillet concoction and cooked brown rice well. With a spoon, add your mixture to your hollowed out peppers.
- After filled, put a sheet of foil loosely over the top and cook for 30 minutes in your oven.
- Take out, add mozzarella cheese to your heart's desire and stick back in the oven for a few minutes until it's all melty and delicious.
- Eat and enjoy (after it cools)
You can also do this recipe on the grill. Seriously. I tried it this summer. I used a cookie sheet as a surface and kind of propped the peppers against each other for support. I think it only took about 15 minutes on the grill...so BONUS!!!
|Don't veggies look pretty???|
|Turkey is just as good as beef!|