We're still talking about cookies by the way. Get your head out of the gutter!
This has become one of my favorite cookie recipes and most popular with my friends. I love it so much that I hesitated sharing it because I secretly love being the person who walks into a party and hears her friends say "OMG she brought those cookies! Saweeeeet!" But I'll be nice and share :)
As a side note, the original recipe was from another blog and I can't find it now to give credit. I'm sorry!!! I've modified it, as I do with pretty much every recipe.
What you need:
- 1 canister of seamless crescent roll dough
- 1/4 cup sugar (note: I tried this with stevia, splenda, etc just because I was curious. verdict: not as good)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 oz.) Fat Free Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 1 bag of mini chocolate chips: how much you use is dependant on how much chocolate yumminess you want!
What you do:
- Layout a layer of saran wrap on your counter that is a good 6 inches longer than what your crescent roll dough is going to be. Spray a little Pam or something on there so nothing sticks.
- Spread out your dough. Don't make it hard...just open it up and unroll.
- In a bowl, mix your cream cheese, vanilla and sugar until it's all nice and creamy. I don't need a hand mixer for this, btw. Just a good spoon or scraper works fine.
- Spread your mixture out over your dough. This isn't going to be the easiest thing ever because they're both a little sticky, but just do your best to get it even and as close to the edges as possible.
- Now that you have your dough and layer or cream cheese mixture, sprinkle those lovely mini chips all over in a single layer. How many you use is up to you. I love chocolate, so I use alot...like at least half the bag.
- Start at one end of the roll and start rolling it up. You'll want to get it a little tight at first, but after you get it started it will just naturally even out.
- Wrap your roll up in that saran wrap, twist the ends, and pop it in the fridge for a good 60 minutes to harden it a little. If you're shorter on time, you can put it in the freezer for a few minutes. Keep an eye on it in there, however, because you don't want it to form crystals!!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pull your roll out and slice it just like cookie dough! I do about 1/4" thick slices.
- Place on cookie sheet with non-stick spray...or parchment paper...whatever your "thing" is.
- Bake about 10-12 minutes. You're looking for just slightly golden.
My justification for these badboys: simple ingredients, not too shabby on the calorie side, and they stay soft!!! Plus it's cream cheese and crescent rolls, so you can totally justify these for breakfast, right?? Well, I do...
Shared on: Buns in my Oven
Shared on: Buns in my Oven