Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bacon Wrapped Garlic Pork Chops

I'll be honest, I haven't cooked a pork chop in probably 5+ years.  For some reason though, they sounded amazing this past weekend!  So with permission from the htb, I decided to go for it.  I found some inspiration from a few different recipes and melded them together to put my own spin on them.  I give you...

Bacon Wrapped Garlic Pork Chops

I like mine with a little carmelization :)






















What you need:

  • 2 thick boneless pork chops
  • 4 slices of bacon (at least)
  • 1 cloves or garlic (or more depending on your garlic love)
  • EVOO
  • Red Pepper flakes (to taste)
  • Salt & Pepper (to taste)
What you do:
  1. Preheat your skillet or grill to medium-high heat so it's good and hot.
  2. Pat the pork chops down and add salt & pepper to taste.
  3. Wrap at least 2 pieces of bacon around each pork chop.  Add more if you have big pork chops...or really like bacon.
  4. Drizzle EVOO in your pan and place the pork chops.  You might want to cover with a splatter guard if you're doing it on your house!
  5. Cook on one side for about 8 minutes (depending on thickness) and then about the same on the other.  If you have a meat thermometer, you can check them.  I pulled mine off at about 140 degrees, but I wanted some carmelization (see above).
  6. As your chops are cooking, mix some EVOO (1/4 cup) with your minced garlic.  Add this as a sauce JUST after you take your chops off the heat.
  7. Add red pepper flakes if desired.
These were waaaaay easier than I thought they'd be, btw.  Total time (prep+cooking) was about 20 minutes.   Easy.  Seriously.  And TASTY!!  Dang I love bacon...

No comments:

Post a Comment