Bacon Wrapped Garlic Pork Chops
|I like mine with a little carmelization :)|
What you need:
- 2 thick boneless pork chops
- 4 slices of bacon (at least)
- 1 cloves or garlic (or more depending on your garlic love)
- Red Pepper flakes (to taste)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
What you do:
- Preheat your skillet or grill to medium-high heat so it's good and hot.
- Pat the pork chops down and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Wrap at least 2 pieces of bacon around each pork chop. Add more if you have big pork chops...or really like bacon.
- Drizzle EVOO in your pan and place the pork chops. You might want to cover with a splatter guard if you're doing it on your house!
- Cook on one side for about 8 minutes (depending on thickness) and then about the same on the other. If you have a meat thermometer, you can check them. I pulled mine off at about 140 degrees, but I wanted some carmelization (see above).
- As your chops are cooking, mix some EVOO (1/4 cup) with your minced garlic. Add this as a sauce JUST after you take your chops off the heat.
- Add red pepper flakes if desired.
These were waaaaay easier than I thought they'd be, btw. Total time (prep+cooking) was about 20 minutes. Easy. Seriously. And TASTY!! Dang I love bacon...