Friday, February 22, 2013

The "Unwich" by JJ (Jimmy John's)

This week, after a bit of convincing from a coworker, I finally gave the "Unwich" a try.  Why, you ask, was this so hard??  Well....I'm a bit of a carbaholic bread-lover.  Have you ever walked into a Jimmy John's?!?!?  It smells like heaven...

Anyway, I was hesitant and pretty sure that my "unwich" was just not going to satisfy me like my good ole #4 Turkey Tom normally would.  I looked up the nutritional info...which made my decision for me.  Say what?!?!  Under 300 calories!!  Shoot...Go For It!!

Less calories actually, because I always do E-Z mayo

Like always, Jimmy never disappoints when it comes to speed.  I swear that sucker is at my office front desk before I have a chance to go to the kitchen to get an accompanying beverage!


Here she is!  #4 Unwich
After a few bites of turkey yumminess
Eating the unwich is kind of like eating a big burrito...only more slippery delicate.  For under 300 calories though, I found it pretty dang tasty and fulfilling!  I had to grab a yogurt snack about 3 hours later, but that didn't bother me at all.

Advice


  • I found a great image online from inside a Jimmy John store that said "Don't unwrap it".  In hindsight, I think that is the BEST advice for eating this puppy...unwrap only enough to not get a mouth full of paper.
  • Do NOT order this if you're on a date or eating with someone you don't mind looking a bit sloppy in front of.  (why are you on a date at Jimmy John's??)  There is no way to eat this and look lady-like.  Period.  I'd compare it to eating ribs...
  • Add veggies.  Might as well and it gives it a little more substance!

2 comments:

  1. Here in CA we have an awesome burger place called In N Out. You may have heard of it...it's legendary. They only sell burgers, fries and shakes...and they're amazing! I order the "protein style" burger which comes with no bun and even though it's a little messier...I get to go to my favorite burger joint way more often without the guilt of a bun.
    Hang in there...I bet the lettuce wrap will grow on you!
    Happy March!
    Ashley Rane Sparks
    www.makeitrane.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of it, but never tried it. It's now officially on my list!!

      Delete